Monday, February 04, 2013

Regaining your joy and gratitude...


Sometimes, in the busy-ness of life, I can forget how much Jesus loves me and how great a price He paid in suffering to save me. That's when I can lose my gratitude and joy.

Today, I read Matthew 26. And the Lord reminded me once again that to save us, to forgive us, to take the penalty of sin in our place, to show how much He loves us, Jesus willingly suffered pre-cross pain.

Given empty promises from friends. v. 35

Uncared for and unprayed for in a time of crisis. v. 40

Betrayed with a kiss. v. 49

Abandoned. v. 56

Lied about. v. 60

Spat upon. v. 67

Struck. v. 67

Slapped. v. 67

Denied. v. 70

Imagine going through all that! Go ahead. Really take the time to imagine it happening to you. It should have. Because of your sin. It should have happened to me, too.

He did it for love. He didn't have to. He didn't deserve it. He did it for you. And me. In our place. To save us.

Will we take the time to worship and praise Him today? Will we love Him back?

No comments:

Share it