Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Believing you are beloved

If you are having a hard time believing that you are a Beloved Child (and most of us do!), take 3-4 minutes to listen to the video below of Brennan Manning, author of Ragamuffin Gospel.

Manning says that our gloom, pessimism, low esteem, self-hatred, and despair block God's way to us. He goes on to say that we have made God in our own image and, as a result, He winds up being as fussy, rude, narrow-minded, legalistic, unforgiving, judgmental, and unloving as we are.

Is it any wonder, then, that we have a hard time believing that God truly loves us?

My friend Mike Misja showed this video to our North Coast Family Foundation Spiritual Leader Forum yesterday morning. 

The message of the video moved me. It helped me. It reminded me that I don't have to perform. 

How would you answer if Jesus asked you, "Do you believe that I love you? Do you believe that I desire you? That I wait for you day after day? That I long to hear the sound of your voice?" 

Real believers can say, "Yes, Jesus. I believe that You love me and I am seeking to shape my life as a response to it." 

I am Beloved. 

And so are you.



See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. I John 3:1a (ESV)

No comments:

Share it