So, why should churches plant churches? Here are some of the answers of the men on my panel.
1. Not all people want to worship the way you worship. So, you must start other churches with different worship styles to reach different kinds of people.
2. If your church has had a history of church planting, you must seek to preserve the heritage of your church.
3. If you study the NT (particularly the book of Acts), you will discover that NT churches sent out missionaries and that those missionaries proclaimed the gospel that resulted in starting churches. You must plant churches to be a true NT church.
4. We reproduce what we are. Church planters should reproduce themselves by investing in other church planters.
5. Church planting has been shown to be one of the most effective ways to reach more new people for Christ. It's been said that it takes 42 members of an existing church to reach 1new person for Christ. It takes 8 members of a church plant to reach 1 new person for Christ.
6. If you have been personally impacted and grown by church planting ministry, you should want to provide the same growth experiences for others.
7. If you have a heart for cultural diversity, you must seek to plant culturally diverse churches.
Care to guess which is my answer?
The urgent need for North American church planting
How not to be a church planting pirate
Churches must plant churches