I was recently going through an old file and found a tool we developed several years ago to help us measure the depth of discipleship at CVC. The tool was used in accountability relationships to help identify areas where discipling needed to take place in a person's life. Can you imagine what might happen in your life if you had a loving mentor/coach who helped you grow in the following 20 areas?
20 areas of accountability for discipleship:
1. I am asking God to help eliminate this time waster from my schedule. ______________
2. These are the people with whom I need to spend more time. ____________________
3. These are the activities in which I need to spend more time. ____________________
4. I am using my talents in this ministry of my church. ___________________________
5. I am giving ____ % of my income to God’s work.
6. I am saving ____% of my income as a nest egg for the future.
7. I am asking God for help in eliminating this unnecessary expense from my spending. ___________________
8. I am involved in a small group where I can serve and be served and experience loving accountability. (Name the group__________________)
9. I have been challenged by someone in my small group to grow in this area recently. __________________________
10. These are the lost people that I am seeking to win to Christ. ___________, __________, ______________.
11. The last time I shared the gospel with some one was ________________________.
12. The last person I invited to a service, group, or event was ____________________.
13. I rarely miss a Sunday service. ___ yes ___ no
14. I am putting my whole heart into worship on Sunday - singing passionately, praying earnestly, and listening intently. ___ never, ____ rarely, ____ sometimes, ____usually, _____ always.
15. The time for my personal devotions is ____________________.
16. Here’s what I’m reading in the Bible right now. ______________________
17. I have been consistent with my devotions lately ___ 0 for 7, ___ 1 for 7, ___ 2 for 7, ___ 3 for 7, ___ 4 for 7, ___ 5 for 7, ___ 6 for 7, ___ 7 for 7.
18. Here’s a verse that I am seeking to memorize. _________________________
19. I am praying consistently. ___ yes ___ no
20. Here’s my latest answer to prayer.______________________
Question: What characteristics of a mature disciple might you want to add to this list?