By God's grace and for God's glory, you did it. This past Easter Sunday we celebrated our Lord Jesus with 2,944 people in attendance over 4 services. It was a great weekend, including Good Friday (1,127 in attendance).
I've been celebrating a bunch of different things this week.
1. Decisions for Christ. We had 45 people check "B" indicating that they were believing in Christ for the first time on Easter Sunday 2011. That's 45 people moving from "the empty life" to "the abundant life." Pray for effective follow-up. We want to see fruit that remains.
2. Worship Services. I want to thank you for how many of you adjusted your schedule to attend the 8:00 and 12:30 services to make room for others. We needed those adjustments. The 9:30 and 11:00 hours had people in the 104/106 overflow rooms. And thanks for doing the extra things like welcoming newcomers.
3. Invites. A bunch of you brought friends. I hope you were blessed in sharing the weekend with your friends and family.
4. Volunteers. I can't believe how many of you I saw serving in multiple services as well as on both Friday and Sunday. By God's grace, you make it happen.
5. Changed lives stories. Walt's story is a story that reflects well on so many ministries at CVC. His story was filmed and edited beautifully by our arts team. Thelma's story also touched hearts. Join me in praying for that doctor who looked for fear in her eyes and could find none because she had "hope for the future" in her resurrected Savior. Thanks for your support of CVC to help make stories like these two stories possible.
Thank you all so much. I hope you know how much I love and appreciate each of you. I'd love to hear your story from the weekend if you have something exciting to share.
Were starting a new series called "Forgive" this weekend. We'll talk about lessons in Genesis from the life of Joseph. Everyone you know (including you!) has hurts. Don't hesitate to invite your friend to return with you.
See you soon.
Rejoicing in our risen Savior,