1. Provide overall leadership and cast vision - pray and think!
2. Communicate God's Word - study and teach!
3. Develop new and existing leaders - disciple and deploy!
4. Reach the lost - invite and include!
5. Develop stewards - give and encourage!
As I look at this, 12 years later, I think I would at least add "Be an example - love and be loved!"
But for now. let's just go with what I put on paper on my Master Schedule 12 years ago.
Question: How would you define the lead pastor's role in 35 words or less?
P.S. I case you didn't hit the link before and want to learn about how to put together a Weekly Master Calendar (an ideal work week)? Check out Michael Hyatt's wise advice here.